Thursday, September 9, 2021

RESEARCH: WHY IS A FILM TRAILER MADE?

I looked at three trailers on the Teaching Trailers course supplied by the FDA online and wanted to further understand of why trailers are made and how they signal the film's genre.

These are the trailers I watched:



Trailers help audiences understand the genre of a film. Referring to the trailers listed above, which ones fit the following genres? Fantasy | Drama | Action Adventure
Do any of the trailers seem to fit more than one genre? Give reasons for your answers

I think Artemis Fowl is a Fantasy film aimed at very young audiences, this is because the trailer included scenes of fantasy creatures and futuristic technology, and exploits children's fondness for magic and adventure. I beleive it is aimed at young children as the main character is a young boy himself.

I think Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw is a Action Adventure with hints of comedy and friendship. I think this because the trailer is incredible fast paced, including shot of CGI explosions, high speed car chases, gun fights, violence, comedic taglines and friendly banter. This film would be aimed at a target audience who enjoy action packed movies.

I think The Mustang is a Drama aimed at families and/or couples, as the plot is heart-warming and 


1 comment:

PROMO PACK BRIEF

MAIN TRAILER  TEASER TRAILER Charlotte Coppellotti 1812 I worked with Jess Foster 1820, Ellie Smart 1859 and Millie Wyatt 1874. We created a...